The Pedestrian Shops have been family owned in Boulder, Colorado for over 45 years. We operate two Boulder stores (on the Pearl St. Mall and in The Village) as well as a website (www.comfortableshoes.com or www.pedestrianshops.com).
We pride ourselves on offering the world’s most comfortable brands of footwear and encourage our customers to enjoy life and take a walk.
The Pedestrian Shops Mission:
- To make the world more comfortable by selling the world’s most comfortable brands of Men’s & Women’s shoes, sandals, clogs, and boots.
- To provide the ultimate in quality, selection, service, and value.
- To make the world a better place while we’re at it!
We’re serious about making the world a better place. We are environmentally conscience and take numerous steps each day to make sure we’re operating in an environmentally responsible manner.
Here are some of the ways that we have helped to minimize our consumption and waste and how we have helped people in need:
- Whenever possible, we use recycled shoe boxes to ship our internet orders
- We operate a 10kw solar array that generates half of our Pearl St store's energy needs
- All store employees are offered an Eco-Pass for Boulder’s city bus system
- We hold two shoe drives each year to help people in need. Customers who bring in a pair of shoes to donate receive a 10% discount on a new pair.
- We maintain a 'closed door policy' and keep our carbon footprint to a minimum by keeping our doors closed when the air-conditioning or heat is on
Toll Free: 1-800-906-4225
Pedestrian Corporation dba Pedestrian Shops
E. Richard Polk, President
Lauren Polk, Vice President
1425 Pearl Street
Boulder, Colorado 80302
Intellectual Property (IP):
The trademark, THE PEDESTRIAN® was first used by The Rogers Peet Co. in June of 1915 to identify its comfortable shoes. In July of 1918, THE PEDESTRIAN® was awarded the protection of Trademark Registration No. 126893 by the United States Patent and Trademark Office. The mark was subsequently assigned to and remains the most highly valued asset of Pedestrian Corporation.
We are involved in providing the public with an increasingly diverse group of goods and services. To indicate the common source of these goods and services, we have developed a simply yet unique Housemark program.
The programs consists of two components:
1. Our House Wordmark:
2.Our House Symbolmark:
These two registered trademarks are now used singularly or in combination, eg, as identifying components of all our trademarks.
The following trademarks and servicemark identify Pedestrian Corporation as the common source of a wide variety of goods and services including but not limited to: footwear, clothing, walking, sticks, umbrellas, back packs, purses, briefcases, pedometers, portable electronic devices, pamphlets of an information nature and retail stores.
Pedestrian Corporation's trademarks enjoy the proctection of several valid registrations in the United States Patent and Trademark Office including Nos.
Use of Pedestrian Corporation Trademarks without its license is strictly forbidden. INFRINGERS WILL BE PROSECUTED. For additional information potential Trademark licensees and/or PEDESTRIAN® SHOPS franchisees may contact: